Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 11-03-2022, 07:04 AM   #1
bipolar
Club Member

Recent cigar enjoyment

Anyone smoke anything recently that knocked your socks off?
Old 11-03-2022, 07:42 AM   #2
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Cant think of one particular cigar that blew me away, but all the early 2000's ones that Bruce aka Ljutic sent me that I have been reviewing have really impressed me for the most part.

The only real standout is the Padron Londres. Have had a number of them recently and have begun to really fall in love with them.

Just my luck i pick something that's impossible to find in stock anywhere. They either have a supply issue, or they are just extremely popular. Either way I'll just have to keep and eye on any site that carries them to get some in stock.

Great cigars for the price.

Anyone know of any equally good Padrons that you can actually find in stock somewhere? I'm new to Padrons, so not familiar with their catalog and what's good and what isn't.

I friggin love cigars

Last edited by smbauerllc; 11-03-2022 at 07:46 AM.
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:48 AM   #3
KatDad
Herf God

I'd have to say it was an AJ Fernandez New World Cameroon Churchill. I like every one of his New World blends, but being a Cameroon junky, that one is by far the best. Haven't tried his New World Dorado yet, but will soon.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:03 AM   #4
run23

been on a broadleaf kick lately. had a Cohete Reserva that really impressed me recently. wasn't a huge fan when they first hit the shelves, but after some time they look to be heading the right way. bought a few more to tuck away as well. fished out an older tabernacle and enjoyed that one too. wasn't a fan when fresh. maybe I should be stocking some broadleaf away for a year before smoking them. the other cigar that stands out in recent memory for me is the Aladino Cameroon. I bought a sampler of their offerings and still working through them, but the Cameroon is still holding the top spot for me, but they've all been good. good price on them too.
run23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:27 AM   #5
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

I really enjoy the New Worlds too. Great cigars. I like to get the 5 Toro sampler so i can have one of each.

I friggin love cigars
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 02:59 PM   #6
CSMAnderson
Herf God

The Los Caidos has a favorite for over a year now.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 04:52 PM   #7
bipolar
Club Member

Those New World Cameroons are no joke
Old 11-07-2022, 05:01 AM   #8
tonycsmoke
Club Member

I came across a Oliva V Robusto Tubo. It was sitting in my coolidor for 7 or 8 years. It was fantastic. I'm not a big believer of aging cigars beyond time to stabilize. But this cigar blew me away.
Old 11-07-2022, 06:44 AM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatDad View Post
I'd have to say it was an AJ Fernandez New World Cameroon Churchill. I like every one of his New World blends, but being a Cameroon junky, that one is by far the best. Haven't tried his New World Dorado yet, but will soon.
Love those New World Cameroons, John, right there with you.
Unca Keef brought me a Dorado yesterday and I had it last night. It is quite worthy, but they're $11.00 down here. Sadly, that's a pass for me. Prices are up everywhere, I get it (Let's Go Brandon,) and sale prices on the New World Cameroon, Connecticut, and the regular line, are up a bit. However these can still be had for under $100.00 a box.

Not that I get out to the tobacconist shop but once or twice a year, I could see myself buying a Dorado to smoke right then. Regular rotation consumption is a no-go.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:59 AM   #10
bipolar
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post
I came across a Oliva V Robusto Tubo. It was sitting in my coolidor for 7 or 8 years. It was fantastic. I'm not a big believer of aging cigars beyond time to stabilize. But this cigar blew me away.
Man that is awesome!!
I have some of the V lanceros that I'm refusing to smoke before they get some age on em.