Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
mealstrom
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by H311oLHD View Post
Great article Tommy, thanks for it!!

I really think that some of these companies need to get with the times. I cannot tell you the last Torano I've had, and it's not because I haven't been smoking! Hardly anyone ever talks about Torano anymore, and I'm pretty sure that's the reason I never reach for them. The Toranos better start coming onto CW or something to get their name talked about again.
I also haven't had a Torano in FOREVER. For me they price themselves out of my range for the quality of the smoke. To me they just don't have the complexity or depth that I like if I'm going to be paying in the $8 - $12 range for a cigar. I like them, but there are very few Toranos that haven't bored me by the end of it. (One notable exception being the Casa Torano Maduro)

A cigar can be a good simple cigar - I enjoy those too. But if you're going to charge top dollar then I'd expect you to be in the same league as other top dollar cigars.