Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
EZthefix
Starting Member

Padilla Miami Torpedo

Padilla Miami Torpedo
Posted by E.Z. under Cigar Reviews (Photos)

A relatively new comer to the cigar scene, the Padilla brand has already received accolades from well known cigar magazines and discussion groups. I recently enjoyed the Padilla Miami Torpedo and was impressed by what seems to be a good blend with excellent aging potential.

As good and as solid as the cigar is now, it is in my opinion a little rough around the edges. I believe a couple of years will tone down the power a bit, marry all the present notes and perhaps bring out even new depth all at the same time.

The wrapper on the Torpedo is smooth and oily. The notes on it are buttery, peppery and accompanied by some cacao. Lighting up exuded an aroma of cinnamon and other musky spices. There is a delicious cacao aroma that permeated my office.

The smoke is very creamy at this point. There is sweet cedar and baking spices on the palate initially. These notes are accompanied by white pepper. There is a clear peppery effect, reminiscent of Cuban wrappers, which gives body to the rich smoke.

Half way through, the smoke intensifies a bit. The flavor turns toward leather with some espresso and woody undertones. I noticed that, at this point, the cigar should not be rushed. Doing so may turn out some sour notes; so take it easy and enjoy the complexity of the full smoke.

The power picks up quite a bit in the last third. For beginners, or anyone not used to this level of fullness, the last third may better be put down.

The leather picks up again, and the smoke begins to take on a certain chewy quality. Sweet spicy and cedar notes comprise the medium finish.

No doubt, the Padilla Miami Torpedo is a good full-bodied cigar with the potential to become a truly great smoke.
EZthefix is offline   Reply With Quote