Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
Kilobyte
Herf Meister

Cuba Aliados FUERTE by Rolando Reyes Sr.

I was graciously gifted a few, yet unreleased, special sticks of Cuba Aliados FUERTEs by José Ortega of Reyes Family Cigars, and promised a prompt review to my BOTL.

Label: Classy Red and Gold with the cigar name and a second red band labeled, FUERTE.
Size: 6 x 46
Other details unknown

The wrapper featured a brawny dark brown hue that seeped with a robust scent. Pre-light draw had a semi easy pull, the taste was that of hints of dough and almonds; mouth-watering. Torching released a heady aroma begging to be lit. After lighting, this baby set off with cinnamon and hearty white pepper that pleasantly tingled my palate with rich spice that fully satisfied my nose. This is the taste I have been looking for in other cigars supposedly filled with ligero, but met with disappointment.

The first third ramped the building of the FUERTE profile with increased toasted spice and rich earthiness, accompanied by a long finish. The second third continued to burn razor sharp with a firm, long ash about 1.5 inches. The profile mellowed some but yielded bittersweet dark chocolate.
The last third transitioned back to firm, white pepper and rich tobacco taste while maintaining the spiciness right to the nub.

Reyes Family Cigars has a winner here and what Señor Reyes Sr. has done with the Cuba Aliados line this year is quite remarkable. When available grab some of these and let them rest for a pleasant after dinner delight.

Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote