Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 04-26-2002, 11:30 PM   #1
mhotek

Well, we played with the newest one in the line-up tonight. These will be coming in shortly and will be up on our site as soon as they arrive.

We played around with the Vector Nitro. WOW! I know people buy the Trifecta for the triple flame and the power. That's a TOY compared to this thing. I has a measly little single flame. BUT, that flame is about 1/2" wide and will shoot about 6" out of the end of that thing. Light your cigar and do some welding in the process! This thing is DEFINTELY an incredible toy to play with. The Mega Pump isn't too shabby either and we'll have those as well.
Old 04-27-2002, 06:06 AM   #2
Skeeter

Great...just what I need, another toy

Seriously, the thing I love about the Trifecta is the triple jets not so much the power. There's just something about the three flames burning into one that appeals to me. It's a thing of beauty.

OK, beauty and power
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 01:22 PM   #3
mhotek

Yep, but there was really something last night about being able to fire up a 6" x 1/2" flame and light your cigar.

Have a cigar and oh, by the way, need that muffler dragging on the ground welded back into place.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:05 PM   #4
HBooker
Club Member

Yep I guess it's about time to move to a real lighter now the problem is you offer so many I have a tough time deciding.
Maybe I will start with the newest thing.
Sounds simple.

Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a Tree
HBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 08:22 PM   #5
mhotek

We're whittling and everyone is helping us with that.

The Colibri models are on the way out. First because they can't figure out how to do inventory management. Second, because several other places are offering lighters just as good ro better with much better service and warranties. We're obviously in the middle of a shift at the moment in our lighter product line. The Solo lighters are here to stay. We'll be adding a lighter from Tiger shortly. We're then left with deciding on a few Vector models. We'll maintain the Colibri Trifecta/Triplex and the Dupont X.tend, but our focus will be on Solo, Vector, and Tiger.

We're trying to settle on 10 and no more than 20 lighters featured on our site. 1 - 2 of those will be flints and 1 - 2 will be regular candle flames. Once we have our redesign done, we may load up everything in all lines we have available because the search tools will be there, but will stick with featuring only the small number of models we have selected.

I should have a group of lighters with me on my next trip out to get your opinion on.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:38 AM   #6
Renaissance Man
Owner Emeritus
Herf God

Well???? Do we have pictures? :P :P :P :P :P

Please remember to visit our sponsors

My current rotation: Bolivars (RC, PC, BBF, CE and Corona JR), Punch Punch, El Original Claro Corona and Lancero, Davidoff Grand Cru #1, VR Famoso, Upmann #2, and R&J Churchill.
Renaissance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 08:33 PM   #7
mhotek

http://www.mhotek.com/humidor/nitro.jpg
http://www.mhotek.com/humidor/nitro_insert.jpg

And if you wanted to do a Creme Brulee, you could also.

We're thinking they should retail for about $39.99.
Old 04-30-2002, 09:13 AM   #8
Renaissance Man
Owner Emeritus
Herf God

I have three torches similar to that. They are pretty cool conversation pieces at herfs. You have to be REALLY careful when lighting your cigar lest you singe your nose hairs.

Please remember to visit our sponsors

My current rotation: Bolivars (RC, PC, BBF, CE and Corona JR), Punch Punch, El Original Claro Corona and Lancero, Davidoff Grand Cru #1, VR Famoso, Upmann #2, and R&J Churchill.
Renaissance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 06:42 PM   #9
tmdeguy
Club Member

Batteries not included???

Fire Up Another One!
tmdeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 12:15 PM   #10
Cedarman
Charter Member
Club Member

Wow. A portable Bunson Burner!

I really like my Trifecta, those who have used it always compliment on it's looks and performance. My favorite Colibri is the Stargate, pockets well, windproof and the swing away striker makes it very functional.

(not there's anything wrong with a black acetylene tank mounted on the side of your double wide frigidor with the words Eat Me! scribed on the side)
Cedarman is offline   Reply With Quote