Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Toro

I'd seen a lot of positive reviews of the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte line, and the price point made it a must try for me. So I popped for a fiver of toros with my last CI order, and decided to fire one up as I plugged away at the mowing this afternoon.

Nice looking cigar, well-made, deep chocolate-brown wrapper. When I first fired it up, the impression was a little...strange. I got a distinct nuttiness from it, but couldn't decide if that was a good thing or not. Pleasant enough, just unusual.

Then, at about 1/2" into the cigar, it changed completely. Smooth Nicaraguan tobacco flavors, a touch of spice, just a hint of toastiness, somehow very familiar. All of a sudden, it hit me: Take a Tio Pepe torp, add a strip of ligero, wrap it in an oscuro wrapper, and there you are. The wrapper added just a suggestion of molasses sweetness to the impression, something I don't get from the Tio Pepes, but the rest of the flavor profile was dead bang on. Not huge complexity, but pleasant from start to finish.

These aren't really expensive to begin with (~$3 per), and you can occasionally get lucky and snag them on C-bid for cheap. In any case, I'm adding these to my list of Good Value for the Money cigars.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote