Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
jchamb
Club Member

This was only my second RASS, and was much better than the first - which was almost totally plugged and tasted very young and harsh.
This one had been in my humi for about a year, and had a note saying it was a '99. Construction was a bit soft (slightly underfilled), and the wrapper was a very nice medium brown/reddish color (Colorado I guess). I smoked this cigar on my patio as the sun was setting, and as the sun's rays hit it I could see a very nice oily sheen, with little crystals of bloom running the length of the cigar. Beautiful!!
Due to the soft construction, the draw was easy, and it burned straight throughout. Unlike the reviews I've read - I didn't find this cigar 'medium' at first. This baby latched onto the back of my throat like a pair of vice grips - and I could taste the powerful Cuban tobacco above any other flavor that may have been present.
About half way through it settled down though, and gave a nice smooth and earthy flavor with tons of smoke. Unlike others, I didn't get any taste of chocolate, honey, or anything sweet. It had just a nice earthy Cuban taste, and towards the end a strong hint of spice and pepper.
These are very good cigars, and at least this one is a definate "medium/full" - full for the first half, medium for the second.
Some day I'll have to pick up a 5 pack of these and give them another try.