Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2005, 04:13 PM   #1
HamrWebDesign
Club Member

Humidifying my wine cooler?

So I have a 28 count wine cooler coming this next week and thought hard about how I was going to humidify it. Originally I was thinking beads and possibly a couple block style humidfiers but then I got to thinking about the maitenance of it all. I figured it may be a pain in the butt to have to add water the beads spread out over the interior and also the block humidifiers as needed. I also thought about how much air exchange there would be when opening the large door and it got me thinking more about that plan. Even though I plan to line it in spanish cedar it just seems to me that an active solution would be better for this box.

SO ... I order an Oasis + this morning and some spanish cedar to make 2 drawers, a shelf and to line the walls with. I got the Oasis from Bargain Humidors and they mail it out with a free spanish cedar box to sit the Oasis in to.

I'm curious what you all think? Is the Oasis going to be the way to go in this type of setup? Should I also add beads ... I have a little over a half pound just sitting.
HamrWebDesign is offline   Reply With Quote