Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2020, 11:43 PM   #20
Maccabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2000 View Post
Crowley's Best is a Burley/Latakia with Perique blend which you have said that you don't like twice. I'm guessing this type of or specific blend is not for you. It's not a favorite of mine either, and I like a lot of Burley blends, but not a lot of Latakia blends. You mentioned that you're not getting much flavor, which was my problem with pipes in the beginning as well. I started with milder blends and figured I would work my way up. However, as a long time cigar smoker used to full bodied full flavored cigars, this was a mistake. As soon as I tried a few heavy blends that Mike @SLR suggested, I was hooked. So along these lines I suggest that you try Gawith Hogarth Happy Brown Bogie and Samuel Gawith Best Brown to start. These are packaged on the moist side and are not ribbon cut, so prep is required. They need to be dried to the proper moisture level and be cut up/rubbed out or will not smoke well. I could send you a sample of the Brown Bogie and a few other full bodied tobaccos, but not the Best Brown (I don't smoke this one and many other excellent Virginia's because I have a problem with bite from these).

What other tobaccos do you have on hand? Based on your experience I might be able to steer you in the right direction on those as well.
I relate to this. Always smoked cigars. One of my fav is Bayou Morning a Va/pr. Or if you like the latakia Bayou Night.
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote