Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 01-09-2004, 05:10 AM   #1
corvette-joel

decaf beans . . . .

OK, my doctor just told me to eliminate caffeine. Other than a little chocolate now and then, the only caffeine I took in was coffee. However, I probably average 5 or 6 mugs a day. Anyway, I've been buying Mayorga beans from JR for the past couple of years, and they only carry one blend of decaf. Does anybody have any recommendations for excellent decaf beans? I'm not into roasting, but I do love my coffee. By the way, its been two weeks now since I drank any regular coffee, and loosing the caffeine hasn't bothered me at all.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:27 AM   #2
sevenmag
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Since I don't don't drink any decaf I'm not much help. But I will say that there should be some decent decaf around. The local shop here sells green and roasted decaf in a few varietals. So I'm guessing there should be a good source available.
sevenmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 06:30 AM   #3
ferdelance
Herf Meister

www.peets.com they do some amazing shit with decaf's, you wouldn's even know you were drinking it.
that is if you wanna mailorder. quick shipping, the day they roast is the day they ship.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:15 AM   #4
SMOKINACTUARY
Huge Cranium
Herf God

If you want to try to roast your own Coffee Bean Corral has a Decaf Ethiopian that is quite drinkable.
...the gas chambers of Auschwitz, Treblinka, and Maidanek were ultimately prepared not in some ministry or other in Berlin, but rather at the desks and in the lecture halls of nihilistic scientists and philosophers.
- Viktor Frankl
SMOKINACTUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:35 AM   #5
ferdelance
Herf Meister

i agree, i roasted some of it for a friend who couldn't drink regular and was very impressed, and it takes a lot to impress me in a decaf,
Old 01-09-2004, 07:37 AM   #6
SMOKINACTUARY
Huge Cranium
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdelance
i agree, i roasted some of it for a friend who couldn't drink regular and was very impressed, and it takes a lot to impress me in a decaf,
...the gas chambers of Auschwitz, Treblinka, and Maidanek were ultimately prepared not in some ministry or other in Berlin, but rather at the desks and in the lecture halls of nihilistic scientists and philosophers.
- Viktor Frankl
SMOKINACTUARY is offline   Reply With Quote