Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:35 AM   #1
CigarCraig
Starting Member

PCA 2022: Pete Johnson of Tatuaje Cigars

I'm not accustomed to this format, so any advice is appreciated. All of this and more can be found at https://www.cigarcraig.com/, although I'm going to try to avoid readers having to leave Cigar
Weekly. If there's a more appropriate category for this, please let me know.

I returned from the PCA show in Las Vegas with something unexpected, a positive Covid test. This is disruptive in so many ways, I’ll be missing this weekend’s PA Barnsmoker just up the road from me. Symptoms are pretty much cold-like for now, so I’m not overly concerned, I have a lot going in my favor as far as immunity goes. I have to take the rest of the week off work, which isn’t the way I wanted to use that PTO, but stuff happens. Anyway, it’ll give me some time to share with you some PCA (Premium Cigar Association) content! In all the years I’ve been doing this, I haven’t gotten the chance to do a video interview with Pete Johnson of Tatuaje Cigars. I wasn’t going to let the opportunity pass again, so I made it happen. Here’s my longest video of the series, and I say this in homage to Jerry Cruz, a pioneer in video coverage, check out 14 minutes with Pete Johnson.

I’m super excited to try the new cigars Pete mentions, especially the Tuxtlas and Verocu Blue. He gave me a cigar that has the wrong band on it because of supply chain problems, I wonder if I should save it because it’ll be a collectors item someday? I’ll probably smoke it, but I’ll be waiting for a while before I smoke anything I really want to think about until this funk clears. Until the next time,

CigarCraig

Last edited by BigJohn; 07-14-2022 at 10:50 AM.
CigarCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 05:42 AM   #2
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

I can’t open the link. I get the following message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2022, 05:44 AM   #3
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Ok I can open the link from the top link. Can’t open it from the bottom link.

Old 07-14-2022, 06:09 AM   #4
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLR View Post
Ok I can open the link from the top link. Can’t open it from the bottom link.

Same here with Chrome. Top link works, bottom link errors to ip address can't be resolved.

Very much envy those of you who are able to attend the trade shows and other press only events.

Writing just isn't really a skill I've ever had. My brain just doesn't allow for any type of artistic ability. Its wired for science, technology and mostly the ability to troubleshoot and repair things. Played violin for a little while as as kid and wasn't really progressing well, so gave it up to play hockey for 12 years instead, lol

Always envied those who could write, draw, paint, etc.

Glad you had a good time other than the covid. Hope it remains cold-like only and clears up quickly for you.

I friggin love cigars
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:14 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Craig, thank you for this. This is great work, and you put it in the exact right place.

Well done.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:20 AM   #6
CigarCraig
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLR View Post
I can’t open the link. I get the following message.

I've changed the link, hopefully the new one works better.

Craig
CigarCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:25 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Using the format tools on here, I often forget a / or add a space where I should not.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:51 AM   #8
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Fixed it with the [ yt ] [ /yt ] tags...

Hey Jason!
Feel free to mark up any of Craigs contributions, and of course Jeff's, to the website main page!
John
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:59 AM   #9
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

As soon as I am able, John. May be a couple of more days. I can't cook a meal solo right now, much less drive. As WYSIWYG as the Joomla interface is, I can't follow a recipe without leaving some process in order without missing a step or leaving some ingredients out altogether.

Hopefully this weekend. I know it's the worst timing, but that's why they call them accidents.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote