Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
Stevo
Club Member

I think I have a good idea...

I'll try to keep this short, but it will be long....

I just read in my local paper about the wine holiday - Open that Bottle Day. Apparently, it's a holiday where you open up a bottle of wine that you never thought you would open and then drink it. I thought, why can't we do that with cigars? I've got a few in a special place in my humidor that I probably will never get around to smoking because I keep saving them for a special occassion that just isn't happening.

What I was thinking is we could pick a day (I'm not trying to make it a national holiday), smoke one of our "rare" cigars, and then post up here our experiences, thoughts, whether we shared it with others, etc. Just sort of a thread to talk about our experience burning the heretofor unburnable. Maybe we could do it one day a month - call it the monthly burn, or something stupid like that.

I don't know, I thought it was a good idea and it would be kinda cool to share our experiences. I know there are other horders on here. Anyone in?

EDIT: Date: March 20, 2010. First day of Spring. Smoke. Enjoy. Get back on here and tell us what you did.

Last edited by Stevo; 03-15-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Add crucial information
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote