Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2002, 07:33 PM   #1
nivek
Club Member

Flor de los Reyes Blond torp 3.5 Aesthetics: 3.5

Decent Looking Torpedo with a fairly dark maduro Wrapper with a faily oily sheen, Wrapper was very thin and not uniform in color.

Construction: 3.4

A little bumpy rolled cigar and very solid in its construction. A good burn with a light gray but flakey ash. All of the samples were rolled bad leaving a tunnel in the center of the cigar!

Flavor and Strength: 3.5

A mild to medium cigar with decent flavor of carmel and nuts. It was a little grassy in its finish. Probably could use some more aging.

General Comments:

Not a bad cigar and I think time would help it alot! If this cigar was given to me i would smoke it but probably would not purchase this cigar.

Over all score 3.5

Alameda Torp 2.5

Aesthetics: 3.5

A bit rough on the roll but not quite ugly. a nice slighly oils sheened wrapper and the color was very uniform!

Construction: 3.5
A real firm roll but not hard. Light salt and pepper colored ash which was flakey. Ample amounts of smoke and a nice draw.

Flavor and Strength: 2.2

Mild to medium cigar and very grassy in flavor, almost unpleasent. This is one of those cigars that you light and say
ok its bound to get better. It did not!

General Comments:

Ho Hum cigar. bland and unenjoyable, i was really disappointed in this one! While construction and the aesthetics were not bad the flavor killed it!

Overall score for the cigar 2.5

I would not recommend this cigar, It was very one dimentional and never picked up at all! YUCK!!!!!

Carlos Torano Exodus torp 4.2 I guessed this one correctly Great cigar for a H2000 wrapper.

Aesthetics: 4.8

A beauty of a torpedo, Great smooth flawless roll and wrapper. A better looking cigar would be hard to find.

Construction: 4.1

No soft spots on this cigar, Burn was great on all the samples but did not need any corrections. Prelight aroma and draw made me want to light this cigar! Once lit it had a very good volume of smoke.

Flavor and Strength: 3.9

This is a nice medium strength cigar with a very creamy smoke. Flavors of a sweet spice and a light peppery flavor and a nice aftertaste which was a bit short.

General Comments:

This cigar reminded me of a Carlos Torano Exodus Torpedo, Which is one of the few H2000 wrapped cigars that I keep in my Humidor. This is a great afternoon cigar!

Overall Score of the Cigar: 4.2

I highly recommend this cigar and for the proper price this could be a go to cigar!

XXO by Edward Nikka epicure maduro 4.1 solid good cigar Aesthetics: 4.0

A nicely made boxpressed toro with a rich smelling smooth almost flawless wrapper!

Construction: 4.0

A solid made cigar with no soft spots with a razor sharp burn and a nice medium gray ash which was very firm.

Flavor and Strength:4.1

Rich flavors of coffe and coco were present in this cigar thru the whole smoking expierence. This was enjoyable! A
medium stength with full flavored cigar.

General Comments:

Good overall cigar, it has flaws but so minor that it did not matter. I will put some of these in my humidor for sure!

Overall score for the Cigar: 4.1

I highly recommend this cigar, It was very consistant from looks, roll to the flavor and aftertaste!

Davidoff Millenium Blend lonsdale 4.5 This thing was nice very nice.

Aesthetics: 4.8

Great looking cigar with a very nice oily sheened wrapper. Cap was superbly done. Fantastic from cap to foot! This is what a cigar should look like!

Construction: 4.8

FLAWLESS, a solid and firm rolled cigar allowing a tremendous amount of smoke on each and every draw. The ash was solid the only way to get rid of it was to knock it off!

Flavor and Strength: 4.2

This cigar started out with some power but it mellowed toward the center but picked back up again on the last 2 inches. A complex and smooth flavor of pepper and cedar made this cigar a very pleasent smoking expierence.

General Comments:

Who ever rolled these cigars knew what they were doing!!!! Again Flawless in construction, this is a must have cigar!

Overall score for the Cigar: 4.5 or 4.6 4.55

I highly recommend this cigar, If you want a cigar made right this is the cigar for you!

The Griffens Maruro Robusto 4.1 Aesthetics: 3.9

Gorgeous dark oily cigar with a great amount of tooth on the wrapper but the cap was very rustic!

Construction: 4.2

Well rolled cigar with a nice prelight aroma, Great draw with ample mounts of smoke and a very nice burn on all the samples. A firm gray ash stayed for an inch and a half!

Flavor and Stength: 4.0

A medium strength full flavored cigar with hints of chocolate and Coffee, Very complex form start to finish!

General Comments:

This cigar reminded me of some Villizon products both in flavor and roll! It is a very good cigar especially if the
price is right!

Overall Score for the cigar: 4.1

I highly recommend this cigar, Its complexity makes this cigar worthy of a try! Nice balance of flavor and strength!

Bahia Gold maduro #2 2.3 I may have gotten a bad batch but IT SUCKED Aesthetics: 3.0

These cigars all had nasty veins in all the wrappers alone with some green water spots. If you give up the viens it was a decent boxpressed looking cigar with a light maduro wrapper.

Construction: 2.4

Each sample was a bit soft in the center of the cigar. Each had a solid white ash but was weak! All the cigars tunneled from its improper roll!

Flavor and strength: 1.9

HARSH and grassy! Not good at all! After taste was bitter and not to my liking at all!

General Comments:

Smoking this cigar for lack of better words was NASTY!

Overall score for this cigar: 2.3

If the looks of this cigar wasnt as decent as it was i would have scored it lower! I would not recomment this cigar even to my worst enemy!

Bucanero El Capitan Natural 4.0 Aestetics: 4.0

Nice looking toro with a nice looking ems wrapper, and a beatiful cap!

Construction: 3.9

No loose spots and a great volume of smoke, A very nice draw with large volumes of smoke. A Pretty white ash that was just a little bit flakey!

Flavor and Stength: 4.1

Medium cigar with lots of body and flavor! A very creamy cinnimin flavor were preseant in this cigar!

General Comments:

This cigar can be best described as constistant. Nothing was outstanding about it but all was good!

Overall score for the cigar: 4.0

I recommend this cigar because of its consistancy, I had a hard time choosing between Highly recommend and recommend, So I choose both!

There ya go! How'd I do!

I would also like to thank Smoke Mag for letting me do this. It was a blast! I hope my reviews were good enough and I hope I get a chance to do it again! So Mark thank you sir!
It was an honor and a pleasure!

www.smokemag.com

All the world's a stage, we are merely players, performers and portrayers!

Edited by - nivek on 03/22/2002 8:43:29 PM