Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2002, 08:53 PM   #1
Johnboy

Technically i didnt! But it sure as heck tasted like it!

But what i did smoke was my very first OpusX. It was a perfection No.4 that i had stashed away for 3 months or so. Mr Opus had a very nice oily wrapper that had a very nice and classy sheen to it. The cigar felt very firm in my hand, and carried some weight for such a small cigar. The cigar itself had a unique smell to it that i could not identify, and led no clues to the events that would follow. I compared this to a MC #4 that i gave to my neighbor so he could join in on the herfing.

Pre-light draw was very easy and this gave me the first eye-opener of the evening. A unique and peppery taste that obviously apparent, and this is before i lit it! I commenced to lite this bad guy and WOW. Immediatly my tounge was assualted by intense spiceness. It totally dominated and took over my taste senses that i had been used to,I could not believe that much flavor came out of this little cigar. There was alot of other flavors in there somewhere but it was hard for me to distinguish them out.

The intense flavor either tapered down alot about 1/2 way thru or my tounge had been burned off and i didnt know it, but then seemed to pick back up near the last 1/3. It burned clean and true, no clogs, no runs. But i had to relight it 2X's due to my chatting it up with my buddy and letting it go out.

I always heard and read things about OpusX's but hot damn!!!

JB

I brew the beer i drink
Johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote