Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

The Oliva Saison

I picked up a 5er of these on CB. I really wanted to try this cigar after the description on CB.

Prelight - This is the robusto size of the Saison I'll be reviewing. The wrapper is a medium brown habano. There are not any veins noticable in this wrapper. Prelight draw gave a coffee and vanilla flavor.

Burn & Ash - The ash is a solid silver color. The ash is firm and doesn't detach from the cigar easily. The burn is razor sharp and I didn't have any burn problems.

The Cigar - Through the first fourth of this cigar I find this cigar to be very enjoyable. The flavor profile is very smooth and creamy with hints of vanilla and wood.I amreally enjoying this cigar. This cigar is medium in body with an effortless draw. Each draw produces a good amount of smoke. At the half way point I picked up a a hint of leather in the flavor profile. This flvor profile stayed the same through the rest of the cigar.

Conclusion - This was a very enjoyable cigar. Medium in body with a very nice flavor profile. I acutually nubbed it which I don't do often. I plan to try the Saison in a different size to see if that affects the flavor profile. I'd give the Oliva Saison a 91.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote