Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
sucol
Club Member

Tatuaje Cojonu 2003

I've heard a lot about this brand, but had never smoked one ... until now! While placing an order with a favorite vendor, I asked them to send me two singles of the Conoju 2003. I smoked the first one last night and the second one this morning. I smoked them in such quick succession because ... well, read on.

This is a large cigar, for me, at 6.5 X 52. First impressions were of the solidity of the cigar. It is beautifully constructed with a dark "natural" wrapper adorned with a double band. It smells wonderful and has a nice taste on the tongue prior to lighting. It lighted easily and burned evenly throughout. This is a feature I personally value greatly in a cigar, and it has led me to favor corona and smaller cigars. (For example, I smoke a lot of Padron Principes and Opus #4's). This cigar, despite its size, had no problems with an even burn.

The initial taste was full and, frankly, delightful - slightly sweet with a ton of body. There was not a hint of initial tartness, nor the acrid taste that can sometimes follow initial lighting of a cigar. As I smoked down through the first third, my initial favorable impression did not fade at all. Indeed, this cigar seemed remarkably consistent throughout the entire smoke. The sense of body did build as I smoked, but it never became harsh or overpowering.

Make no mistake - this is a strong, full bodied cigar. But it is able to maintain its sense of strength without overpowering the palate or growing harsh - right down to the band! I enjoyed every minute of this cigar. I was sad to see it nubbed, and trundled off to bed with a sense of loss, but also a sense that I had discovered another cigar I was going to love!

I'm an early riser, and I usually start the day with some Ethiopian coffee and a PAN Principe or VSG Tres Mystique. But this morning I lighted my second Conoju to see if my impressions, as listed above, had been accurate. the second reinforced all I had thought of the first. I ordered a box this afternoon.

Numerical evaluation:

Appearance: 9/10
Construction: 10/10
Flavor: 18/20
Finish: 9/10
Smoking experience: 18/20
Aroma: 9/10
Overall impression: 19/20

Resultant Final Score: 92/100