Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
bsk
Club Member

ERdM Flor de Llaneza

El Rey del Mundo (Honduras)
Flor de Llaneza EMS

I had a 5-pack of these thrown into a recent Mayorga coffee purchase, it had been some time since I smoked any of these.

A tight square press (don't remember them being THAT square), beautiful medium brown EMS wrapper, slightly misshapen point, but a good looking smoke none the less. Pre-light bouquet and draw very pleasing.

The clip was tough as I found there was a significant stem running up to the point that was hard to get through causing me to mangle it somewhat.

The cigar lit up easy and even, producing generous amounts of smoke. The burn was slightly slanted during the first half but slowly corrected itself. No touch-ups required.

It started on the mild side of medium. Creamy, oh so smooth, with just plain old good tobacco flavor. Nothing fancy but very good. As it burnt down the strength started to build slowly but surely and by the end it was pushing full bodied. A real nice transition. The flavors never changed much other than to develop and intensify with the strength.

Some bitterness developed with about an inch left so I pitched it as not to spoil the otherwise delightful experience.

Bottom Line: Solid performer. An hour of pure smoking pleasure.

Thumbs up!
bsk is offline   Reply With Quote