Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
TheSaint
Club Member

Nicaraguan Heirloom Fuerte

Now that things are starting to get back to normal around here after the flood, I thought I'd post some reviews. Seeing as we were evacuated from our house for almost 2 weeks, I didn't have much else to do but smoke cigars....Not a bad thing I guess.

Size: Salomones 7 1/4 X 52
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

Pre-light: A rustic corojo wrapper with a few "rain spots". It has the distinct corojo aroma; spicy with a little sweetness. I cut both ends with the Palio, I can see a nice mixture of brown and black tobaccos.

First impressions: Cigar lights easy, again that distinct corojo taste and aroma, sweet spice and leather. It burns fairly straight, this corojo is very thick wrapper(not unlike leather),with tons of smoke.

Halftime: Still burning fairly straight, no touch ups so far. Spicy flavors(not Pepin spicy, but spicy enough) with leather and earth. Ash is somewhat flaky, but holds on ok.

The finish: Spice and leather dominate, burn is starting to be come an issue, needs a touch up or two. With about three inches left, I hear a small crack and sure enough a crack has started. I smoked another inch and then decided to let it go out.

Summary: This is a very good smoke, spicy and full flavored. The second label says "Fuerte", I didn't find it full bodied, more medium-full. Cigar King sells these(10 for $40) and an "A" size(9 1/4 X 47, 25 for $50) as well, I would like to try it and compare the two. If you like corojo I would suggest picking up a box.

The Saint's Halo chart:
Construction: 8 Halos out of 10
Flavor: 8 Halos out of 10
Value: 8 Halos out of 10