Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2009, 04:03 AM   #1
sarbanesconsultant
Starting Member

Trinidad Reyes: Your Thoughts??

In Shanghai, the pace is "wicked fast" for a city of unofficially 24 million people. After getting into elevators that are packed tighter than a Sardine can and seeing 21 lanes of “Asian traffic” I finally arrive home.

I must admit, that I love Full Flavored Bolivars and have only smoked one other Trinidad in my life. Never did I think this Trinidad would have a place in my humidor

40 Ring Gauge
4 3/8” Length

Pigtail Cap with a light brown, what seems like a Colorado Wrapper

Distinctive Band with Three T’s

Purchased in Australia, the Land of Oz: Sold in boxes of 12 or 24 and in packs of 5

Construction: Quality is seen by not having hard or soft spots, and appropriately filled with the correct amount of tobacco. The aroma from the foot indicates that this is a medium bodied smoke

Guillotine Cut: Very slight to remove the Pig Tail only

Initial Light and first few puffs confirmed what is considered medium bodied cigar.

Draw: As the British would say is that it was “Spot On”. Not a wind tunnel and all flavors were experienced on the palate.

As a full bodied smoker, initially my impression was that this was too mild and to di-engage from this smoke. After all, a Bolivar Belicoso Fino is a morning smoke for me!

First 1/3: Medium bodied with flavors of Caramel & Spice

Final Two Thirds: Much to my amazement was the dramatic turn within such a small smoke. The first 1/3 of this stick had subtle flavors wrapped into one. But, the final 2/3rds seemed to explode: Much more flavor and much more spice with a slight taste of Pepper!

The Finale: Well balanced with consistent spice, pepper, and some woody overtures. How favorably shocked I was.

The Trinidad Reyes does deserve a place in my humidor. An excellent morning or mid day smoke.

Very good for all range of smokers. A definite surprise.

Appearance: 7 or 8/10
Construction: 8/10
Flavor: Medium bodied
Overall: 87-88/100
sarbanesconsultant is offline   Reply With Quote