Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 12-23-2017, 07:41 AM   #11
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkirk1 View Post
Christmas evening is the feast in our family.

Shrimp cocktail, fried shrimp, lobster tails, seafood bisque, broiled eels and at midnight a dish called "Aya Oya" (Spaghetti aglio e olio) Spaghetti with olive oil, lots of sauteed garlic, butter and anchovies.
I was getting ready to head over and then I saw "broiled eels."

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
tfkirk1
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
I was getting ready to head over and then I saw "broiled eels."
Tastes like chicken just like everything usually does. Didn't think I'd eat mountain oysters either but they are very tasty, thought this was a thread on family traditions and not on what people thinks of my families food choice's? No hard feelings I know most Catholics have the 7 fish feast for Christmas eve which usually consists of squid. To each their own. Merry Christmas to all and to all good night. Sticking to PM's.
tfkirk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #13
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Eels are really good. So is squid if the chef knows his ass from left center field.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:21 PM   #14
Sancho Panza
Floridays
Herf God

Lightbulb

Smoked turkey, yeast rolls, & pecan pie; green beans, & 🌽 on the cob, if I feel like vegetables.

Kosher Shrimp for whenever we feel like them, & Smoked Salmon.

My dad did not like turkey; but, the rest of us had turkey, anyway.

William Faulkner, Intruder in the Dust 1948
Sancho Panza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:05 PM   #15
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkirk1 View Post
Tastes like chicken just like everything usually does. Didn't think I'd eat mountain oysters either but they are very tasty, thought this was a thread on family traditions and not on what people thinks of my families food choice's? No hard feelings I know most Catholics have the 7 fish feast for Christmas eve which usually consists of squid. To each their own. Merry Christmas to all and to all good night. Sticking to PM's.
No offense intended. Eat what you like and like what you eat.

Old 12-23-2017, 04:11 PM   #16
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
Eels are really good. So is squid if the chef knows his ass from left center field.
I had some squid before, or maybe it was octopus. Can't remember now. I was in Toronto and it was at a reception for karate masters from Okinawa. Anyway, it wasn't bad. Of course, I ate it before I knew what it was. It's a mental thing. I can't eat crayfish either. I love lobster, but I used to catch crayfish in the creek when I was a kid and the thought of eating them just makes me sick. I had some in New Orleans, and there was nothing wrong with them, but I just couldn't get past it.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:36 AM   #17
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

my new holiday tradition involves fast food hamburgers... it is all there is after doing overnight duty with dad.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #18
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Over the last few years, we gather at my MIL's on Christmas Day, it's only Kelly and her brother, so we can fit all 12 of us (including my Mom and MIL) at the table.

Meatballs and gravy, stuffed artichokes, vegetables, and bread from my cousin's bakery (Italian and pistolettes.)

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote