Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2005, 06:43 AM   #1
Big Jack
Club Member

AB Medalist Robusto...A Big Jack Review

Having enjoyed the first of these samples just for my own pleasure, I was looking forward to smoking this one for review.

The wrapper was a beautiful chocolate brown. Nicely veined, with a very even tooth, frop cap to foot.

I trimmed the cap with my knife, and drew. The pre-light draw was nice, and easy, with a pleasant leathery taste.

The first inch or so, produced quite a bit of thick flavorful smoke, and was VERY reminicent of a good Villazon Maduro. Since I'm a big Villazon Maddie fan, this was "A good thing". Around the halfway point, this cigar really opened up. The strenght built from mild/medium, to med/strong. It never got peppery though. (another plus IMO)

As I got down to the nub, it did get a little hot, but I would blame myself, more than the cigar. I was really enjoying it, and not really giving it time to rest a bit between draws.

I'd give this cigar a very strong 8 out of 10.

Joey

Who CAN you trust??
Big Jack is offline   Reply With Quote