Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #1
N8DCJ
Club Member

Vegan/Vegetarian grilling ideas....

The back story behind this is , late last summer I went the plant based whole foods route on eating... I didn't eat any meat of any kind for 4 months , well that is a little bit of a lie , I snuck a few cheeseburgers in there....

after about a month , I felt better , looked better , slept better , had more energy and had to cut my BP meds in half...

my goal currently is to stay about 80% whole foods etc... which is pretty easy when it isn't grilling weather , I try to eat great during the week and anything goes on Saturday...

But , now that it is nice out its hard not to fire up the grill...

So , I am looking for any ideas that you may have about veggies on the grill etc...

I have tried all the normal stuff , eggplant for example , just cant find a way to grill it that I like ... I love grilled romaine , but that's basically just a salad...

there is a a Zucchini nachos recipe that we like , but , I will get bored with that in a hurry...

So , any ideas out there...

Dan
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote