Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
Master Gates
Club Member

JR Ultimate

This was a real OLDIE! I have recently found myself going through the stash and finding some old favorites. This cigar was one of a pair I had wrapped up tight in plastic wrap in a singles humi.

The toro size JR Ultimate cigar. Beautiful maduro wrapper, still had some shine and oily feeling like you would expect from a much younger cigar.

Had the old red brick colored band only a handful of CWers will remember. I don't even remember when they stopped using the bands like this one, but it has been probably over 10 years? Someone here might know better

Construction was great as expected. Firm but not overfilled. pre-light draw was perfect for me.

This cigar was a real treat. Even at its age, it was full of life. When I say full of life, I mean full of flavor. Lots of earthy tobacco, nuts, leather. The smoke had an almost creamy feel to it. The flavor left behind in the mouth was pleasant toasted tobacco.

Overall for me, this was a homerun smoke. Perfect way to end an Easter Sunday on the back patio.

I am a firm believer in aging cigars, specifically aging tightly sealed. This cigar is a perfect example of how a quality cigar can turn into something truly exceptional.
Master Gates is offline   Reply With Quote