Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
JSBond

Ramon Allones Robusto

Ok, this will probably not be one of those particularly great reviews that you might find on this forum, but anyhow this is my first...so, I'll do my best. I like to tell stories (that nobody really cares about but me ) so maybe I can do a little of both in this review.

Well, most Friday nights, after we've all taken our wives to dinner or a movie, or whatever, many of us will meet at a friend's Uptown home to have a late night cigar or 3 on his porch. Tonight 6 guys showed up around 9:30pm and I was ready to try my Ramon Allones Robusto.

Right when they saw me pull out the fiver, I suddenly had a 2 for 1 sale going on...all kinds of cigars were passed to me in trade. I ended up with 2 Rocky Patels, a CAO Anniversary Maduro, and a Romeo Y Julietta.

So on to the cigar: Upon first light, I noticed a real strong, sharp tone to the cigar. I almost thought it was going to be way too strong. However, as the cigar got about an inch down, it began to mellow out a bit and became quite nice. A bit of an earthy taste. Half way through, I was loving this cigar...it was smooth, yet had a good bite: As my father would say: "That cigar had some hair on it". The draw was fantastic...very smooth and easy. Didn't have to struggle with this one. By 2/3rds done, it remained just as nice as it did in the middle...sometimes they get that harsh burn in your mouth, but this one did not. Good to the last puff.

I enjoyed it enough to light another.

All in all good choice for my first purchase. And the others loved them as well.

Thanks again to Ronin for providing a quality smoke!

"Light 'em up!"
JSBond is offline   Reply With Quote