Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
jimstep

Smile Nub 358 Habano

Hello fellow Cigar lovers. After about a 15 month hiatus from smoking cigars, I've decided to jump back in. It's been a real treat rediscovering my passion.

The Nub intrigued me so I decided to buy a sampler to see what this new cigar is all about.

The Nub 358 Habano is a 58 guage vitola. The pre-light nose is a red-earthy, sweet musty smell. A well constructed cigar. I had a Johnny Walker Black Label with a littel water added to bring out the sweetness of the spirit.

It was a bit of challenge to get an even burn when first lit. The first draw brought out a heavy dose of tobacco and a harshness that hit me right off the bat. The harshness could also be a spice. I'm not sure since the large gauge brought a lot of smoke in each draw. The burn was a little uneven that I had to even up periodically.

There was a taste of cedar and spice. The spicyness is what I may be confusing for harshness. I'm having a hard time figuring out which it is. The further I got into the smoke, the more the spicyness lingered. It reminded me of how the Cusano Xclusivo has that tingling sensation of spice/harshness that wraps around the tongue.

I haven't made up my mind if I like it or not. I think the volumes of smoke are a bit overwhelming. I think the Nub is a good after-dinner cigar.

Aside from my personal tastes, I believe the Nub is a quality cigar that many, who like it heavy, will enjoy.

Jimstep
jimstep is offline   Reply With Quote