Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2002, 10:37 AM   #1
JGIORD
Club Member

I have to admit that Greg Pease makes a some top quality tobacco. However, no matter how many great reviews I read I never seemed to really get into the ones I have tried. To date the ones I liked most were Mephisto and Raven's Wing, but I would quickly chose Blatter Reserve or Dunhill 965 before these anyday.

I just always felt that I was missing something.

Well I finally tried my first bowl of Caravan the other day. This is a Balkan blend, which I honestly know very little about other than its stronger the most and concentrates more on orientals\turkish leaf versus latakia and virginia.

I find it very hard to describe, but the flavor definitely hits the high notes and brings out the orientals and turkish leaf. Latakia is present but definitely in the background and there is a subtle sweetness that I can't put my finger on.

The tobacco is mostly light tan\yellow (due to the lemon VA) with a speckling of dark leaf. Packing and lighting are great! The aroma is very smoky, but this doesn't flow into the taste. The burn is very clean and it leaves a med dark gray ash.

Overall this is my favorite GL Pease blend and has moved into my top 3 favorite tobaccos. Caravan will now always be in my rotation.