Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Finally finished the 1926 Humidor

I had finished the exterior...and then I got interested in pipes. So this box sat on the shelf for 10 years. I finally finished it today. This is my new personal humidor. Here's the story:

This is the 1926 humidor as bought. Pretty typical. The finish is almost opaque. Numerous dings and scratches. You want to put cigars in this?

Here it is after stripping, sanding and finishing. The striped mahogany is just plain beautiful! This is a worthy container for one's prized cigars.

Wow! That is some spectacular striped mahogany!

Here's the name plate. These guys were all Boston area fellows. All attended Harvard and all went on to be prominent in business or government. SGF must be a small club or society.

Original interior was all glass. The humidor is extra long to accommodate the smaller compartment. This box was in stasis for about 10 years and the top panel was broken.

I used a smaller panel in the lid and sort of framed it. Not sure how I feel about it. But it's good for now.

All finished with a nice tray. Tray bottom is 1/8" birch plywood. Leather tray pulls. Everything else is Spanish cedar. I've transferred smokes from the 1910 humidor and it is up and running. I'm going to redo some things on the 1910 and gift it to my nephew.

xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote