Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
jb
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

3000 stick Humidor ideas?

Getting a lot of flack over the coolers and honestly I am tired of them too. The problem is there is no way I am about to drop 3K or more on an Avallo or Aristocrat. I'm sure they are awesome, but I'm still a cheap bastid smoker and that is alot of cigars I could buy for that coin.

I'm looking for ideas on storing about 20 boxes and 500 loose sticks give or take. Bear in mind this number will probably continue to increase since I am sick in the head and have a wife encouraging me instead of bitching at me. Some ideas I've considered:

Converting a small closet- Not my favorite idea given the layout of our house. No real good options. Other than that, what goes in to something like this?

Buying a CBid humidor like the Verona- 3000 stick capacity is good, still looking at $500 or so and I have no idea of the quality. Anybody have any experience with one of these?

Old Furniture- I have an antique buffet I could modify. I'm not much of a handyman so if anyone wants to chime in on how much work this would be...

Old refrigerator- Have thought about converting an old refrigerator. Can I modify it to control humidity and keep temps around 65? Again not my area of expertise.

Any input on these options, and any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!
ISO Opus DCs, RdC, Perf X, #2, and Super Beli. PM if you can help! TIA.
jb is offline   Reply With Quote