Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2005, 07:56 PM   #1
cigarfan
Herf God

New 2nd Hand Smoke study: Who's blowing smoke?

For full details, check out CigarCyclopedia.com , Feb 10 News and Views.

The British Medical Journal published a study, led by Imperial College (London, England) researcher Dr. Paolo Vineis..dealing with 2nd hand smoke in 10 European countries.
Although his studies of a particular group (ages 35-74) finds incidents of lung cancer, upper respiratory cancer and deaths from emphysema, the GRAND total (according to his figures) comes to ..one tenth of one percent. (.01 percent).
Yet this percentage is not mentioned, and the study concludes that smoking is dangerous, and passive smoking is 30% more likely to cause cancer than for non smokers.
Who's blowing smoke, now?
I encourage you folks to read this article, it's very interesting.
I've had read of similar studies that not only don't support studies on 2nd hand smoke causing cancer, but completely contradict the studies that conclude this. Yet we don't see much publicity about these studies.
BTW, I don't smoke cigarettes, or represent ANY tobacco company in any way, shape or form. Nor am I suggesting smoking cigarettes is not harmful to the smoker's health. Just talking about the 2nd hand smoke issue here.
I'm fed up with all the prejudice against smokers, even cigarette smokers, cause the prejudice filters over to cigar smokers too. It's very aggravating that all the facts are not being published. Guess that wouldn't be PC.