Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

Te Amo robusto maduro 2002

They say that you either like Te Amos or you don't, and I like them. I mostly smoke the robusto maduros. I enjoy the rich earthiness of these cigars. I'm not going to do a full blown review, suffice to say that I am enjoying the ten that I put down at the bottom of the 'dor sometime around 2002. I have never aged Te-Amos before, and they are not common cigars to age, so I have never had one this old. I smoked a couple of them over the years to see how they were doing and they were better every time. Now I am down to two, they are so good now that it's hard for me to refrain from finishing them up. I had two last week so these two or going to stay in the 'dor for as long as I can avoid temptation.

What is a six year old Te-Amo robusto maduaro like anyway? Well, if you know these cigars then it's the same, just better. All of the characteristics that you either love or hate are multiplied. However any harshness is tamed, which is always a good thing. I find the flavor to be intensely rich, earthy, and smoky (smoky flavor-wise, as in smoked meats etc.; not cigar smoke although there is plenty of that too). It's very satisfying if you like those things. Also, the construction of these budget-priced cigars is top notch. I've never had a bad one; they always draw perfectly and rarely deviate from a razor straight ash. The wrapper on these is quite tough. It feels almost like suede in it's toothiness, and holds up well over the years. You don't have to worry about splitting the cap if you use a punch, whether the cigar is new or aged.

Overall I think that there are many smokers who would enjoy this aged Te-Amo in a blind test.