Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2002, 06:27 PM   #1
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Saint Luis Rey Double Corona (Cabinet VCR NOV01)

Wrapper: Calorado Claro (honey brown, slight reddish tint), thin veins, nice thin wrapper. Nice oily sheen to this wrapper.

Construction and draw: Only the best rollers are rolling these cigars. Dense and rock solid, thought I would have draw problem, but it drew like a dream.

Flavor profile: Sweet spice and peppery, slightly floral, slightly bitter and harsh on the palate, deep tobacco flavors with a long sweet spicy finish. Well balanced, not much complexity, but that richness in flavor remains from beginning to end. One fine point is on the 2nd half of the cigar, it intensified in the sweet spicy range, this I found to be “excellent”.

Strength: Medium to strong, felt really relaxed not buzzed.

Well it looks like the large formats like the churchil and DC’s are making a comeback in a big way. I have not seen this kind of rich flavors in large cigars in over 5 years. Now I am seeing these rich intense flavors, consistently in 2001 cigars. What’s the story? I say quality control is more of a priority now more then ever over quantity. Let’s hope this trend is the normal rather then a fluke in the system of things.
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote