Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
Fia

It's a sad day.

August 8 marks the day that the FDA regulations kick in on premium cigars. There are several but the one with the immediate impact is the no sampling rule. If you know me, chances are you received free samples from me. (If you dont know me, Im a sales rep representing several cigar companies.) I always enjoyed giving free cigars for several reasons. One was obviously for promotional purposes. If you liked it, chances are you would go and buy it again. An even bigger reason that I enjoyed giving cigars was because I know that they are expensive especially in Hawaii with our high cigar taxes and being able to give a BOTL or SOTL a little treat now and again was always a joy. Well that is all a thing of the past now.

To those who fought and tried to get our elected officials to overturn this I salute you. To those who were too busy to be bothered, I really dont know what to say to you. I have to be honest when I say I am shocked at the amount of apathy cigar smokers have towards unfair taxation and regulations against them. This is only the beginning. I know that more regulations are coming down the pipe now that they have a foothold.

As for locally speaking, if we dont get a tax cap soon dont be surprised when they increase the cigar tax in Hawaii. For those who dont care about that because they like to buy online, those days are coming to an end as well with the FDA in charge now.

Aloha

Fia

Fia

Last edited by Fia; 08-09-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Fia is offline   Reply With Quote