Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
Coach
Herf Meister

Boulevard Brewing Co. KC,MO

Just came back from a mini vaca in KC,MO. While there my sister-n-law showed us around the town and this was one of my requested stops. The Brewery is a little on the outskirts of town and was a nice way to burn a early afternoon. People line up for Tour Vouchers when they open (11:00AM) and they only allow 30 people per tour. It starts in the original brew house and their first kettle that is still used today. Then you go outside to see their tanks.....roughly 260 FULL KEGS(the 32Gal ones). Then into the new building where they have their corp offices and banquet facilities. The best thing was that on the 3rd Floor you oversee the bottling line which usually doesn't run on Fridays but it was in full production and very coo to watch.
Now onto the tasting, each visitor gets 2 "free" 4oz pours of your choice of 12 beers. I was lucky that when the tour began I volunteered on a question and our tour guide gave me a tap cover that got me either a 4 flight sampler or 12oz pour for free...my job was to be the last one in our group on the tour. If you go VOLUNTEER.
Their beers, they are known for their unfiltered wheat and pilsner. They have another Belgium style named Tank 7, tastes like Chimay but hard a little more harsher finish. Now my favorite...Rye on Rye. Beer that was aged in Rye whiskey barrels, only sold in 22oz bottles. Great whiskey taste even better than the bourbon barrel ones.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote