Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2004, 08:30 PM   #1
therealmingus

Lenny Breau

Well, I've decided that as a guitar player, it's time for me to be a man and face one of my greatest fears in the face - Lenny Breau. If you're a musician, you know what I mean. Every player has some artist who they find to be so technically and musically overwhelming that they can barely bring themself to listen to him. Those who are familiar with Lenny's music know what I'm talking about.

I've heard his stuff on and off for decades, and I could never really bring myself to listen for very long - it's too humbling. However, after getting The Complete Living Room Tapes with Brad Terry a few months ago, I decided that I need to confront his music head-on. So, I've gone hog wild, and ordered a half a dozen more CDs of his. To cap it off, I have a search out for the album he did with Chet Atkins, Standard Brands.

So, either I will listen to this stuff and start to pick it up, and it will be a big movement forward for me, or it will just convince me once and or all that I have no business even picking up the instrument, as long as players like this walk the earth. Wish me luck.
therealmingus is offline   Reply With Quote