Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Federal Cigar's 2014 Anniversary Cigar

This cigar is made by Oliva for Federal Cigar in NH. These are Master Blend cigars which were made in 2002. These were to be the first Master Blend, but Oliva decided to change the blend and these were put aside and have been aging ever since. This is a torpedo 6 1/2 by 54.

Prelight - This is a very good looking cigar. The wrapper has a reddish hue to it. It's solidly packed with no soft spots. The veins are almost nonexistent. Prelight draw was easy and gave a nutty flavor.

Ash & Burn - Ash is solid and holds on well. I tapped off the ash at about the 1 1/2 inch mark. The burn was excellent and razor sharp.

Thoughts - The first few puffs gave a medium body with flavors of nuts and oak. This cigar is very smooth, there is no bite at all. Through the first 1/4 of the cigar the flavor profile has stayed the same which I find very enjoyable. Through the first 1/2 of the cigar the flavor profile and strength has stayed basically the same. I'm starting to pick up a little charcoal taste which blends in very nicely. The charcoal has picked up a little and stayed nutty, oak and charcoal until the end of the cigar

Conclusion - Overall a very nice and refined cigar. This is a very smooth cigar due to it's long term aging. It has a medium body throughout the cigar. The favor profile is very enjoyable, but I wish it had a little more oomph as I favor fuller strength cigars. I'd give this cigar a 90.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote