Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

Torano 1916 Cameroon

This will not be an exhaustive review, as I had no intentions of doing a review as I was smoking this today, and therefore did not take but a few mental notes.
I do not find myself smoking many cigars with a Cameroon wrapper these days, not sure why......
This Torano was a Robusto in size, it came encased in a cedar sleeve, I kinda like that. I found the wrapper to be quite toothy, which I guess is fairly common for a Cameroon wrapper. A nice feel to the cigar overall, no soft spots, but had a nice "give" to it. After clipping the cap I tested the draw before lighting.....seemed nice and easy. Upon lighting, the draw was indeed nice and smooth and greeted me with a very nice balance of spice and sweetness while producing a generous amount of smoke.
The flavor of this cigar was very enjoyable and stayed very consistent from start to finish. Just enough spice to keep me interested, along with that sweet flavor I have always associated with a Cameroon leaf. The burn was razor sharp, never needing the least amount of touch-up.
A solid medium strength smoke, I very much enjoyed this cigar. I don't know how well it would hold up after a heavy meal, but for a mid-morning cigar, I found it to be very enjoyable!
I'd give it a solid 3 out of 5 stars!