Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
qajariaq
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Don Tuto Short Churchill

I've had these in the back of the humidor for some time now, as I wasn't terribly impressed with them OTT. Looking for something to smoke this evening, I came across what was left of the 5-pk and decided to give it another go. I'm pairing the short churchill with an Abita Turbodog.

Construction of this Costa Rica puro is on par, nicely filled, good cap, and toothy, shiny, colorado wrapper. Draw is perfect.

Upon lighting, the first thing I noticed was the distinct aroma - sweet, slightly perfumy/floral, captivating to say the least. Nice!

The initial flavor profile is grassy, like a hay field in the fall. There's a honey-like sweetness to the flavor, and a slightly salty element. Very pleasant.

About an inch or so in, it takes on an earth/wood flavor that outguns the initial grassy/hay profile. The sweet quality remains, however. There is a good deal of subtle flavors present, and its difficult to pin them down.

Moving along, the flavor changes once again into a darker earthy tone, with some cocoa elements on the palate. The grassy flavor is back, however. Reminds me of the Sancho Panza line. This stayed constant more or less up until I couldn't hold on to the nub any longer.

In all, a very enjoyable mild-medium cigar if you like similar flavor profiles. I definitely need to pick up more of these!!

qajariaq is offline   Reply With Quote