Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
Cloud9Bob
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Bolivar GM

Sampled a very young one tonight from a box dated ENE 2008. Aesthetically, the box of ten is a beautiful sight. My first concern was that it would be in a sick period, but I forged ahead anyway. It was a bit overhumidified, so it didn't burn razor sharp and a tad loose on the fill...but...it had some fine, heavy earth flavors typical of the Boli line, as well as a bit of a jalapeño bite on the tongue...but not in a bad way. The smoke was rich and chewy. And, it wasn't at all sick tasting. I imagine some age would eliminate the youthful bite and even more would round out the blend to its full potential. All in all, a very surprising and satisfying smoke for such a youngster and one that should provide some interesting check points as it ages. I would rate it on the heavy side of medium, for a cigar smoker that likes fuller bodied & flavored cigars. I expected a huge nicotine kick from it, and it never happened...which is a plus as far as my preferences are concerned. The great Boli taste lingered on my palate for quite some time...also another plus.

"It takes a long time to understand nothing"

Cloud9Bob is offline   Reply With Quote