Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2005, 07:39 AM   #1
jaroth28
Herf Meister

SLR Churchill Habano

What a nice smoke! I have done a few reviews of other cigars but my pleasure in this one was difficult to put into words! The draw was a bit tighter than I would like, but still very smokeable. The pre light aroma was very delicate, not over powering as some of the more fuller-bodied Habanos are. It took to flame easily and left a mottled grey ash as it burned, in comparison to the completly white ash of the Fuente 858 that my dad was smoking. The ash held on as well, never becomeing flaky or falling off before I wished it. I won't even try to describe the flavors, other than to say it seemed quite complex to my limited palette. It did pick up a bit more body as I smoked it down to about a quarter of its full length, and then let it die a graceful death.

90/100

Would have easily recieved a higher score with a better draw.
kind."

-Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
jaroth28 is offline   Reply With Quote