Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2004, 07:13 PM   #1
SoccerMasta
Club Member

Montecristo Afrique Kilimanjaro

Time for another lengthy and lumbering review by yours truly!

This cigar was actually the first cigar I have been able to enjoy completely in the past week and a half. I have been so busy doing honey-do's and taking care of our three year old while the wife handles the newborn. I get to feed him from time to time and typically get all the poopy diapers. uuuhhhhh just thinking baout it makes me wonder how I enjoyed this cigar today.

Now on to the pleasure trip. I was asked to make a trip to Target for some needed items for the wife and Baby boy. I thought to myself perfect opportunity for me to light one up. I had purchased a box of the MAK's to hand out at the hospital, but kept forgetting to take them with me. So now I decided is a good time as any to open it up.

Clipped this 7 x 46 camroon beauty and took a pre-light draw. No distinct taste or flavor other than tobacco. I lit the cigar and immediately was hit with a blast of full flavor! No words to describe the flavor throughout this cigar, just a bit of spice andvery creamy all the way thru. I was only able to smoke about 1/2 an inch before reaching the store, so I put it down to rest in the ash tray.

Now on with the rest of the cigar. After a shopping spree from hell that lasted about an hour. I hate shopping, usually if its something I know what Im getting, I can be in and out in 10 minutes usually. This trip had me running all over the store and all I could think about was the cigar resting in my truck.

Surprisingly the cigar was still lit after my journey into the abyss, I had to retouch it a bit but it fired right up and I picked up exactly where the cigar left off.

This cigar is by all means a medium to full flavored cigar and does not change much. At the half way point it was getting a bit more spicy, just enough to keep my tastebuds excited! The flavor is still the same, I cannot put my finger on what it tasted like, Im not into that leathery, mushroomy stuff. Its just damn good. Not as strong in my opinion as a CAO Brazilia, but very close. I think the spice gives a bit of an edge.

Well at the end of the cigar, I have been sitting on my front steps for the past hour now and just cannot put this cigar down. Maybe it was just due to the fact that I have not been able to finish a cigar lately, but this cigar is now on my favs list and definetly a go to cigar even though the price.

Out of a scale of 10, this cigar is a 8.25. Compared to the Brazilia being 8.5 in my ratings book. I have not found a 10 yet, but the Cohiba I had a few weeks back was damn close! (Cuban)

I highly suggest giving this cigar a try. I have had a few Afriques before, but they were much smaller. The added length on this bad boy adds to the total enjoyment!

Thanks for reading!

JUST
SoccerMasta is offline   Reply With Quote