Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
phisherman
Starting Member

Padilla Special Edition Cedro Toro

I had just wone a five pack of these on cigarbid. I read a recent interview of Ernesto Padilla and got curious about his cigars. I saw this 5 pack and figured I would try and get some. I won the bid and have had them in my humidor for almost 2 weeks. This may have been a little premature on my part, but not too premature. Anyways, I took the tight cedar sheath off and notice golden brown conneticut wrapper that was falling off the stick. This thing was loose and torn. Not a very good first impression. I licked its wounds to try and get it to a point where I could smoke it. There was considerable damage near the head. Well I lit it up to a light and woodsy smoke. The smoke was mild, creamy, and very smooth. The draw was somewhat loose, but managable. This cigar was a little one dimensional, getting a little more full flavoured to the end. The burn was poor. I had to relight and fix the burn multiple times. Overall, the cigar was a little disappointing. This may have been fluke, and I have four more of them to prove me wrong.
phisherman is offline   Reply With Quote