Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2006, 09:08 AM   #1
taltos
Starting Member

Noobie Review; El Titan de Bronze

I bought a bundle of these cigars based upon a review from a member of alt.cigars whose opinions I respected. The cigar that is being reviewed is the Grand Reserva in the corona size-$75 box/70 bundle. This cigar maker is in Miami and is one of a vanishing generation. The cigars are handrolled in the shop in Little Havana. They also market humidores and short filler cigars made of the filler from the 3 premium lines. Enough of the background; the Grand Reserva is the strongest of the El lines. The corona cut very clean, beautiful appearance of the cigar. I understand that the wrapper is Indonesian and is a beautiful dark brown color, like a well aged leather moccassin. The light went well-I normally use a Bic, but used my Ronson mini-torch to try the first one. Awesome taste of leather and spice-I am a newbie, but I did taste leather and my lips sensed the spice and nicotine. The cigar burned very even, gave me 2 1/2" ash and never turned bitter. I cut it with a v cutter from the Cigar Emporium in North Conway, NH. I plan to buy another box of these and of the churchills plus a bundle of the short fillers and maybe a bundle of the mild and medium cigars. The company (to the best of my knowledge) does not sell with any other vendors, but their website is Eltitandebronze.com. BTW, I live in the Boston area and have no connection to this vendor except for being a customer who loved their customer service and their cigars. Paul
taltos is offline   Reply With Quote