Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
bipolar
Club Member

Partagas wrapped Oliva Serie V lancero

I smoked it on the way home from work this evening.

The ride began with a snip of the end and the anticipation of a unique smoking experience. The pre light aroma was awesome. It smelled sweet and very crisp.
It lit perfectly with my battered lotus vertigo torchademus. Very tasty!! Distinctly mild cuban twang with the robust tobacco spiciness of Nic tobacco. Surprising eh? NOT!

No burn issues yet; Very strange taste. At times through french-inhaling, I found the sweetness of the Cuban tobacco to complement the fullness of the Serie V wonderfully. It really made me appreciate the subtleties of each's flavor;

About at this point, I REALLY started enjoying this beast. It was strong as hell, and was replete with all sorts of strange flavors...at times distinctly sweet and almost floral, and at times really sort of a mild sour tobacco flavor. It kept me guessing...

It was at this point that I confirmed my need to use a wrapper from a Cuban cigar of higher quality. So I'm thinking HDM next time!!! HAHHAHAHAAHAHA!!!! It retained a LOT of sweetness and smoothness. This burn issue was quickly resolved by a flick of the lotus...and the smoking continued.

This cigar only got better as it burned down. I reallllly enjoyed this smoke, and am considering making a couple more to send to Jazznut if he would be gracious enough to review one for us. I think he could give a more comprehensive view of the creation. However, it was a pleasure to review this for y'all.

All in all, this was an EXCELLENT smoking experience, and I found no issues with the applied wrapper coming off or anything like that. It really burned great and smoked great, and tasted like an Oliva/Partagas baby should. Both of these tobaccos complemented each other beautifully.

in loving service,

scott

bipolar is online now   Reply With Quote