Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Garbandz

Bucanero Classico maduro... Torpedo

This Bucanero Classico torpedo has a very rich dark brown maduro wrapper,firm and heavy weight,with the aromas of well aged tobacco,a light mustiness,tastes of caramel and brown sugar in the pre light examination.I am amazed at the vintage tobacco aromas present in this cigar. At light up,I get a rich ,sweet tobacco taste,aromas of nutmeg ,pound cake,mature tobacco tastes and a slight note of leather,very pleasant and interesting.I have noticed some similarities among the Bucanero blends,that they are very smooth and harmonious,rich and flavorful, but never harsh.Construction is good,the burn stays even to the end.
As I get in to the second half there is a slight increase in strength of flavors,the palate becomes creamy and lightly coating,the finish lingering.This is a mild to medium smoke with a great deal if flavor and complexity,it is very satisfying for a milder blend.I could enjoy it as a first of the day smoke or I could smoke it after dinner, I recommend it to those who enjoy a complex,old style blend.I rate it 5 of 10 strength,17.5 of 20 overall....

Last edited by Garbandz; 05-12-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote