Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2002, 07:56 AM   #1
decasere
Club Member

Time: 11:30 Pm after arriving home from a late night of working.

Place: front porch, while reading Isaac Asimov

The Cigar: Havana Reserve by Don lino Double Corona Maduro

Pre Light: This cedar wrapped beaty was nice, dark even wrapper with no blemishes and a strong earthy cedary smell, i clipped off the end and it drew very smoothly,

Smoke: It lit nice and evenly with a white grey ash that held on for about 1 1/2 inches before unceremoniosly dumping itself in my lap. Lots of smoke.

Taste: The first couple of draws were smooth and then bam lots of spice and rich earthy flavors almost like you could taste the lush growing condition, about half way through it melloed out a bit to have a nice cedary toasty flavor and the smoke was pleasntly aromatic. Medium to strong in flavor.

Results: I hadnt eaten since 5:30 and this baby went straight to my head and stomach, i stood up and made y way back to my second floor apartment, laid down and managed to sleep very well throught the night. Woke up with a nice after taste in my mouth not at all unpleasant.

reccomended, but for us lightweights (in the cigar world, not body size)eat something first. 86 out of 100