Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2003, 02:24 PM   #1
stempler
Club Member

Storage Problem??????????

Well I don't know if any of you have had this problem but I thought I would throw this out there just to see. I HAVE TO DAMN MANY CIGARS. And the funny thing is I have 5 more packages on the way.

Ok, here is the problem. I have a Vicksberg, a desktop, a 18bottle Avanti, and a tupperdor. And I don't think I could fit another cigar in any of them. I can't believe I did this to myself but I did.

I live in California in the central valley and it is freaking hot here in the summer. There is no way to keep this house at 70 to 75 degrees without taking out another mortgage. So I have to come up with a extremly large Box with the ability to cool. I was thinking a old refer that does not have the frost free option. I was also thinking about a modern one and just keep my cigars in cedar humidors inside the fridge. My idea was that although the box is sucking the humidity out of the air the humidors would be fine cause they seal so well(most notably my vicksberg. I have had it 68% for 4months without any humidifacation at all). If the humidors have a source for humidity and they are kept closed it would be just like having a dry cold house with my humi's in the house. I am sure sombody has tried this and I would really like to here if anyone has.

The other option would be a wine cooler, but how big do they get? And the last one I read about that was really large was a grand dillivered(fuck I can't spell).

I live in a house that sits on a slab so there is no basement that I could covert into a storage facility. And I have checked my closet temp in the summer and they get up to 80 on the really hot days. I really feel that is way to hot and would not want to unleash a major beetle infestation. I would really like to here from some of the old time storage guru's on this, as summer is comming and I don't want to get caught with my pants down. 8)
stempler is offline   Reply With Quote