Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

AJ Fernandez Diesel Wicked Piramide

This is a beautiful dark with the typical AJFernandez smooth dark wrapper with light aromas of leather and cocoa from the wrapper and foot. The cold draw is perfect with more hints of cocoa. Tonight’s beverage is a Firestone Walker Merlin Milk Stout.

The initial flavors of the cigar are bakers’ chocolate, cedar and coffee. The blend of flavors is quite excellent and the cigar is very well constructed with an even burn and a mottled grey ash that appears very solid.

In the first third the flavors are excellent, combining walnuts and cocoa with a base of leather. The retrohale is very smooth with little to no pepper notes, just the cocoa. The burn is very even and the ash is solid and light grey.

I initially clipped the cigar with a V-cut; when the draw got tighter I cut it with my Palio for a smoother draw. After recutting the draw was perfect.

The first third is a panoply of excellent flavor blends. Cedar, cocoa, toasted tobacco and a light touch of rum tingle on the tongue, and a somewhat light but substantial note of white pepper is in the retrohale. The cigar is burning evenly and ash is quite solid.

I initially shied away from the Diesel line until I learned it was one of AJ Fernandez’ offerings, and I have been a fan ever since, from the Shorties to the Wickeds.

During the second third espresso notes joined in the flavors to present a very pleasing complexity of flavors. A pleasant measure of black pepper appears in the retrohale to enhance the enjoyment of the cigar. There is a slight split in the wrapper but it is not affecting the burn of the cigar. This is a full bodied smoke that will please any fan of full cigars. And the burn remains very even.

I can say without reservation that this is a beautiful cigar. The construction is immaculate and the complexity is awesome. Approaching the final inch the flavors remain solid and the smoke is very smooth. A bit of rum notes appear to complement the already excellent flavors. This is a limited release cigar so get out and find them if you’re a fan of full bodied smokes with great complexity. 9.75/10, Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote