Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:27 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Black Works Studio Boondock Saints Robusto

The lovely dark brown wrapper and closed foot smell mostly of cocoa with tobacco in the background. After clipping the ligero is evident. The cold draw is perfect. Tonight’s beverage is a Breckenridge Brew Nitro Irish Stout.

Just lighting the cigar gave very exciting cocoa and well aged tobacco room notes, which continued into the initial draw. A somewhat deceptive medium mouth feel gave way to a blast of pepper in the retrohale. The burn is quite even as the ash develops.

The first third contains cocoa, well aged tobacco and cyanide, errrrrr, almonds (sorry, too many episodes of NCIS). The smoke is cool and smooth. The burn continues to be perfect and the mottled grey ash is solid.

This cigar is a Scott Wanner request since he knew that #Marchisforrobustos. A special shout out to Scott and #Redlandcigar. Scott is one of my main supporters for my monthly vitola journeys.

At one third the cigar is full bodied and loaded with flavor. Apart from the cocoa, almond and tobacco notes, there is a light pepper in the retrohale. The burn continues to be perfect.

If you have seen the movie Boondock Saints you will understand my pairing of the Irish Stout. A pairing that is, by the way, a home run.

During the second third a light sweetness develops to complement the already complex flavors. This is a medium to full bodied smoke that will keep you interested to see what develops next. The construction of the cigar is immaculate as it burns perfectly down.

I really can’t stress how good I find James Brown’s Black Label Trading Company cigars, and this one is certainly no exception. The smooth complexity of the cigar is absolutely top drawer. I plan to visit his factory next year, since all of the tours are fully booked this year. I should probably mention that the Boondock Saints is part of the Black Works Studio line, a very capable addition to the Black Label Trading Company lines.

The Irish Stout is absolutely the perfect match for this cigar. Approaching the final inch the smoke remains cool and pleasant and the burn continues to be perfect. Since I have sworn off of perfect scores, this cigar earns a 9.75/10. Joe Bob says check it out or you will be missing out on one of the best additions of 1917.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
bsslack
Herf Meister

Great review! I've only sampled the BWS Yellow Jackets, so far, but they were tasty little ceegars. Keep up the Choice Work!

Cheers!

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote