Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Mike Bellody Imperia

Smooth dark wrapper with aromas of leather and...peppermint? Confirmed with the wife, the wrapper smells of peppermint. Perfect clip; cannot wait to fire this sucker up. Pairing with the usual chocolate stout.

Perfect prelight draw becomes the perfect lit draw. There is a sweetness to the smoke that draws to mind the flavor of, you guessed it, peppermint. Lots of other flavors going on here, so this is no one-trick-pony cigar.

In fact, woody, leathery and tobacco notes take over almost immediately, although the hint of peppermint still lingers. The flavors are developing quickly, the sign of a wonderfully complex cigar. The ash is a light grey and the burn is very clean.

The burn develops a slant about 1/3, but is not canoeing so I ignore it. The flavors have solidified into fine toasted tobacco and well worked leather, the peppermint fading away almost completely.

The flavors are a bit south of smooth, which is not a problem. This is s full body/flavor cigar that is most pleasant. No creaminess to this straightforward cigar.

Lots of smoke without double clutching, it is a full bodied dream. A bit of pepper has developed in the nose, making it that much more enjoyable.

And oh how enjoyable it is. At 2/3 the flavors continue to please the palate without the smoke heating up. A nice woodiness develops to complement the leather and tobacco notes. Also, a hint of almonds has developed in the under flavor.

This is developing into one of my favorite cigars from IPCPR2016. The cigar is so tasty that I am forgetting to drink my chocolate stout.

At 2/3 I am absolutely loving this stick. Still smoking relatively cool and exquisitely tasty.

The burn has evened out with no corrections. Almost perfect construction and wonderful complexity earn this one a 9.76/10. Joe Bob says definitely check it out.

Go ahead, Tommy, say that I kept the best ones for myself...

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote