Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
bigw
Club Member

Thumbs up Gurkha Evil Robusto

To start this off, I was selected to be a member of the Gurkha Tasters Club and this is one of 4 cigars sent to me to be reviewed. They arrived 4 days ago and were allowed to rest before I decided to smoke one. This membership in no way influences my opinion.
Size 5 x 50 robusto.Brazilian wrapper,Dominican Binder and Nicaraguan filler.
Appearance- The cigar was dark and oily, the band took up about one third of the cigar. The wrapper was smooth with one vein. There was one little hole in the wrapper uncovered when I removed the band prelight. The cigar was dense and firm.
I punched a hole in the foot and lit with a blazer torch.
Upon smelling I got nothing but hints of tobacco, but the prelight draw yielded tastes of leather and fresh cut lumber.
The burn was a little crooked and it required one touch up to even things out, but that didn't take anything away from the experience.
There were volumes of smoke and it was rich and creamy and coated the palate well. Tastes were of wood and coffee, the leather disappeared. There was a pepper bite on the back of the throat but it was not too pronounced and I kind of enjoyed it. The cigar was not dry in the mouth and needed no beverage to moisten my mouth at all. It burnt well, the ash was grey and mottled and I finally flicked the ash when there was more ash then cigar. I would consider a box purchase for further enjoyment.